Self-curing paste-paste calcium hydroxide
- Indirect pulp capping
- Lining under all filling materials
- should not be used in case of known hypersensitivities (allergies) to any of these ingredients. Let totally cure before filling in order to reach a sufficient stability for filling.
- Do not use Calcimol as temporary filling or as the only liner carrying masticatory forces.
- The catalyst hardens at low temperatures. Allow to reach room temperature before application, if necessary by shortly heating to 40 °C. Calcimol has a strong alkaline effect, absolutely avoid contact with eyes (mucosa).
- Avoid contact with etchants (solubility).
- Mix equal quantities of Calcimol base and catalyst (mixing ratio 1.2 : 1 g/g) on a mixing pad or glass plate for approx. 10 s. The mixture should achieve a homogeneous consistency and uniform colour. Do not mix for too long.
- Once mixed, insert Calcimol into the cavity as quickly as possible.
- Use Calcimol at room temperature (15 °C – 23 °C). AtroomtemperatureCalcimolremainsworkableforapprox. 2 min and cures in the mouth within 2 – 4 min. Higher temperatures and humidity accelerate the setting time and reduce the working time, causing Calcimol to set more quickly in the patient’s mouth.