- Contents – 45 g
- Septodont Detartrine contains zircon powder for the removal of stubborn stains caused by food, drink and tobacco.
- Detartrine “Z” contains Zircon powder for an improved efficiency against difficulty to remove stains.
- Mechanical abrasive action due to the presence of silica.
- Pleasant taste and feeling of freshness thanks to the essential oils.
- Available in grit sizes: fine and to meet all clinical needs
- After scraping off the hard calculus with the ultrasonic scaler then the dentist polishes the teeth.
- Dental polishing removes surface stains on teeth and leaves them shiny and smooth, putting the finishing touches on a protective dental treatment.
- Tooth polishing is a painless dental procedure.
- Polishing is usually carried out after scaling to remove stains and make your teeth feel smooth and shiny.
- Polishing is done with using a slow speed handpiece containing a small, soft rubber cup that spins on the tip of the smooth teeth and polishing paste.
- Septodont Detartrine is scooped up into the slow speed handpiece with the rubber cup and spun around on the teeth.
- The cup containing the solution spins on the teeth to create a shiny, smooth surface.
- Alternatively prophy jet polishing uses a pressurized spray of air and water with sodium hydrogen-carbonate powder to remove stains, plaque, and soft debris from your teeth.
- After 30 seconds of the fluoride treatment, the patient is asked to spit the remaining solution into a saliva ejector.
Some key factors which make tooth polishing more effective are as below:
- Rotations per minute of the polishing device such as rubber cup
- Pressure at which the rubber cup is applied on the tooth surface during polishing
- Coarseness of the prophylaxis paste
- Time taken for the procedure.