Dentsply ChemFil Superior is a fast-setting glass-ionomer restorative material consisting of a blend of aluminosilicate glass and polyacrylic acid. The powder is mixed with distilled water to produce a filling material that adheres to dentine and enamel producing tightly sealed, strong and esthetic restorations.
This material is suitable for use in:
- Class V lesions and cavities
- Class I and II cavities of deciduous teeth
- Class III cavities
- Temporary and semi-permanent restorations
- Fissure fillings (minimal Class I cavities)
- Direct or indirect pulp-capping
- Permanent restoration of occlusal stress-bearing areas.
- 1.Adhesion to dentine… that matters in the long-term Develops the desired adhesion and establishes a true, permanent bond to hydroxyapatite even under the moist conditions of cavities close to the gingiva. Excellent adhesion of ChemFil® Superior allows a conservative approach to restoration because minimum cavity preparation is required when carious lesions are restored. Restorations with ChemFil® Superior are long-lasting and durable.
- 2. Proven long-term fluoride release.
- 3.Pleasing aesthetics for more demanding patients
ChemFil® Superior facilitates superior color match to surrounding enamel,
resulting in pleasing aesthetics; moreover, its color remains unaffected by oral
fluids in the long term.
- 4.‘Snappy’ setting
ChemFil® Superior maintains a constant viscosity during manipulation and
placement, and quickly turns into a rock hard mass at the end of the working time;
this ensures safe and fast restorative treatment.
- 5.Practitioner friendly
The easy-to-mix behavior of ChemFil® Superior hand-mix allows a high powder
loading for extra mechanical strength and aesthetics.