The ProPex Pixi Apex Locator is another innovative solution from Dentsply Sirona & Maillefer, encouraging the standard of care in Endodontics and assisting clinicians to deliver more predictable endodontic outcomes.
- It is an electronic device used for apex location during root canal treatment.It must only be used in hospital environments, clinics or dental offices, by qualified practitioners.
Propex Pixi is not recommended for use:
- In patients who have a pacemaker or other implanted electrical devices, or have been cautioned by their physicians against the use of small electric appliances such as shavers, hairdryers, etc
- In patients allergic to metal
- In children
- Determines the extensions in order to insert the instruments into the root canal as well as the tooth extensions in which waste, tissue, etc. must be removed.
- The extensions it calculates, if they correct, allow us to obtain optimal results for the treatment.
- Reduces pain and discomfort in the patient.
- The small, pocket-sized device takes up minimal space during treatment, storage and transportation, making it accessible for every endodontic treatment.
Please Note: Accuracy in readings for apex locators is claimed to be 97.7% accurate. Readings may vary from the conventional method of working length determination (radiographic method) & may fluctuate in cases where the precautions (recommended in user manual) are not followed