3M ESPE Retraction Capsule delivers a retraction paste that contains 15% aluminum chloride. The astringent retraction paste is placed directly into the sulcus via a patented, easy-to-use, hygienic unit-dose capsule. The capsules are compatible with most composite dispensers.
3M™ Retraction Capsule is indicated for the temporary tissue retraction of the marginal gingiva to provide a dry sulcus when the periodontium is healthy, such as:
- Taking impressions (material-based or digital)
- Preparation of temporary casts
- Preparation of Class II and V fillings
Retracts tissue gently
- A great impression—even a digital impression—starts with controlling tissue and moisture. Our capsule’s extra-fine tip delivers hemostatic paste right into the sulcus to gently retract tissue and control bleeding.
- Unlike gingival retraction cords that can be difficult and time-consuming to place, the 3M retraction capsule is a fast, convenient and effective solution for gingival retraction. With its extra-fine tip, the 3M retraction capsule delivers a 15% aluminum chloride astringent paste right into the sulcus, pushing the gingival tissue away from the tooth and allowing you to capture a detailed impression of the preparation margin.