Cention N is a radiopaque, self-curing filling material with light-curing option, which releases fluoride, calcium and hydroxide ions. It is suitable for use as a full volume replacement material in restorations for Class I, II and V cavities. Cention N can be optionally cured with light in the wavelength range of 400–500 nm.
Cention N offers tooth-coloured esthetics together with high flexural strength. The new filling material belongs to the materials group of Alkasites. The patented alkaline filler increases the release of hydroxide ions to regulate the pH value during acid attacks. As a result, demineralization can be prevented. Moreover, the release of large numbers of fluoride and calcium ions forms a sound basis for the remineralization of dental enamel. The initiator system enables good chemical self-curing.
Cention N is remarkably simple to use. It does not require the use of a primer, varnish or curing device. Up to seven working steps can be saved compared with the application of conventional glass ionomer cements. Only dosing, mixing, filling and finishing are required
- Suitable for use without an adhesive in Class I and Class II cavities with retentive preparation
- Class I and II restorations in permanent teeth in conjunction with an adhesive
- Class V restorations (tooth necks) in permanent teeth in conjunction with an adhesive
- Restoration of deciduous teeth (with and without adhesive, see above)
The application of Cention N is contraindicated
- If a dry working field cannot be established or the prescribed application technique cannot be applied
- If the patient is known to be allergic to any of the ingredients of Cention N
- When used as a luting composite