Charisma Flow is the ideal flowable supplement to our microhybrid composite Charisma Classic. Its low viscosity and good thixotropy makes it the ideal choice for many indications like cavity lining, fissure sealing and minimal invasive fillings.
The Charisma Flow Baseliner is a white and opaque shade that can be applied on the cavity floor to mark the transition to the natural hard tooth tissue. This means that unnecessary drilling away of healthy hard tooth tissue when removing an insufficient filling can be avoided.
Charisma Flow stands for safe usage and a high standard of naturally reliable restorations
- Fissure sealing
- Enlarged fissure sealing
- Class V fillings
- Minimally invasive Class I and II fillings in areas not subjected to masticatory forces
- Minimally invasive Class lll fillings
- Smaller contour and shade adjustment on the enamel and dentine
- Small surface repairs to direct and indirect restorations in combination with a suitable bonding agent
- Splinting of teeth
- Cavity lining
- Bracket retention
- Versatile all-rounder for many indications
- Easy and fast handling due to its low viscosity and good thixotropy
- Its radiopacity enables a save and reliable diagnosis
- Pronounced chameleon effect
- Shades of Charisma Flow optimally match the Charisma Classic shades
Charisma Flow is based on multifunctional methacrylate monomers (EBADMA/TEGDMA) and contains approximately 62 % by weight or 38 % by volume inorganic fi llers such as Ba-AI-F silicate glass and SiO2 . The fi ller particle size is between 0.005 μm and 5 μm.
DIRECTIONS TO USE
Prepare the tooth structure for treatment by cleaning it with a fl uoride free polishing paste.
Before treatment, while the teeth are still moist, select the Charisma fl ow shade using the Charisma shade guide
1. Remove any caries and complete minimally invasive preparation of the tooth structure according to the general guidelines for adhesive fi llings. Then clean and dry the cavity. The use of a rubber dam is recommended
2. A quality adhesive system (e.g. iBond® Self Etch, GLUMA® Comfort® Bond + Desensitizer, GLUMA® Solid Bond) should be applied to the enamel and dentin in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions before inserting the fi lling material. Avoid any contamination of conditioned or adhesive-treated surfaces with moisture, blood or saliva
3. Apply Charisma fl ow in thin layers (max. 2 mm, Baseliner max. 1 mm) to the cavity. When applying Charisma fl ow ensure that it fl ows slowly and evenly to prevent air bubbles – apply a gentle stream of air to facilitate maximum marginal contact. If necessary, remove any air bubbles with a probe before polymerisation
4. Polymerise each layer according to the table below using a suitable light-curing unit (e.g. Translux® Power Blue®) for 20 or 40 sec. A dispersion layer forms during polymerisation. This layer should not be touched or removed if other composite layers are to be applied.