Variolink N is a dual-cure and light-cure luting composite for glass-ceramic, lithium disilicate glass-ceramic and composite resin restorations. The esthetic luting resin from the N-Cement Collection is characterized by a high radiopacity and harmonious shade spectrum.
The special amine-reduced cement Varliolink N LC produces optimum results, particularly in anterior teeth. This solely light-cure material enables very thin (< 2 mm) and highly translucent restorations to be seated esthetically. Variolink N LC is available in the following versions: Clear, +1 and +2.
- Base transparent, Catalyst transparent/low viscosity,
- Monobond N, Liquid Strip, various accessories.
Variolink N is suitable for the cementation of indirect restorations made of leucite-reinforced glass-ceramics (IPS Empress), lithium disilicate glass-ceramics (IPS e.max CAD/Press) and composite resins (SR Nexco), for example
The monomer matrix of Variolink N is composed of bisGMA, urethane dimethacrylate, and triethylene glycol dimethacrylate. The inorganic fillers are barium glass, ytterbium trifluoride, Ba-Al-fluorosilicate glass, and spheroid mixed oxide. Additional contents: initiators, stabilizers and pigments. The particle size is 0.04–3.0 µm. The mean particle size is 0.7 µm
- Cool storage (2–8 °C/36–46 °F) is indicated for the Variolink N catalyst pastes
- Working time: About 3.5 min. at 37 °C/99 °F
- Mixing ratio: Mix base paste and catalyst in a 1:1 ratio.
- 2 x 1.5g Syringes (Base transparent and Catalyst transparent/low viscosity)
- 1 x 5gm Monobond N
- 1 x 2.5gm Liquid Strip
- Various accessories
Directions to use
Placement of the restoration with Variolink N
-Inlays, onlays, crowns and bridges
- Apply the mixed Variolink N to the area of the restoration which is to be bonded.
- First, place restoration in situ with slight pressure and remove excess with a brush or another suitable instrument.
- When working on large restorations, make sure to remove excess material in time, especially in areas that are difficult to reach (proximal or gingival margins).
- Increase pressure and maintain for several seconds. Remove the Variolink N excess thus forced out with a brush.