OptraGate is a latex-free lip and cheek retractor. The aid’s unique flexibility and elasticity make it comfortable to wear and assist patients to keep their mouth open.
OptraGate retracts the lips and cheeks evenly and gently, allowing more effective, the relative isolation of the treatment field. The soft, flexible material adapts to the movements of the mouth in a controlled manner and is comfortable to wear for patients e.g. during the occlusion check or X-ray imaging of the teeth.
The dentist and the dental assistant can better control a clean treatment field because OptraGate allows easy access. Dental mirrors and vacuum are used for retaining the tongue and can thus, be used in a precise and effective manner. In combination with other auxiliary equipment, such as parotid pads or sublingual cotton rolls relative isolation of the treatment field is optimized which results in more efficient and simplified treatment procedures
- Suitable for use in diagnostic, preventive and therapeutic dental procedures (in particular restorative procedures, cavity preparation, professional tooth cleaning, diagnostic procedures, scaling & root planing, tooth whitening, impression making).
Thermoplastic elastomer (SEBS) and polypropylene. OptraGate is latex-free.
Assorted (Pack Of 80), Regular (Pack Of 10), Small (Pack Of 10)
Easy access to the cavity
Lips and cheeks are evenly retracted around the mouth
- Easily accessible, manageable treatment field
- Effective and quick relative isolation
Relaxed and more efficient treatment procedure
- Easy placement
- Increased concentration on the actual treatment procedure
- Relieves the work of the dental assistant and dentist.
High patient comfort of wear
- 3-dimensional flexibility for a very good positioning
- Soft, flexible material with recesses to accommodate the upper and lower lip frenulum
- Good compatibility thanks to the latex-free material
- OptraGate should be stored at 2–28 °C / 36–82 °F.
Ivoclar Optragate (Pack Of 10)
Ivoclar Optragate (Pack Of 80)
Directions to Use
Select the appropriate size of the OptraGate. The selection of the appropriate size should be guided by the distance between the corners of the mouth when the mouth is in a relaxed position (i.e. with the lips closed or slightly open). In order to obtain sufficient retraction of the oral soft tissues, the diameter of the inner ring should ideally be approx. 2 cm wider than the mouth corner distance. Therefore the following guidelines apply:
– Size Junior: Mouth corner distance = 4.5 cm
– Size Small: Mouth corner distance = 6 cm
– Size Regular: Mouth corner distance = 7 cm
The orientation scale with the respective guide marks imprinted on the foil bag can be used as an aid in the selection of the correct size. It is important not to use a rigid orientation aid for the determination of the mouth corner distance but to follow the slightly curved course of the lips. In case of doubt, we recommend using the larger size in order to ensure a better fit. The size (R for Regular, S for Small, and J for Junior) is indicated on the packaging as well as on the left tab of the OptraGate. In order to ensure optimum function, we recommend inserting the largest possible size that fits the patient’s mouth.
OptraGate may be inserted from both the 12 o’clock position with the patient lying down, or from the 8 o’clock position with the patient sitting upright (or, the 4 o’clock position if the clinician is left-handed).
To ease placement, with the tabs pointing downward, the operator should grasp the thicker intraoral ring by reaching through the thinner extraoral ring. The inner ring should be held between the thumb and middle finger and pressed together slightly.