- Sustained fluoride release and recharge
- Natural fluorescence
- High level of radiopacity
- Outstanding handling
- Universal restorative that is indicated for direct cosmetic tooth modifications, restoration of Class III, IV, and V cavities, cervical erosion, root caries, Class I and selective Class II cavities, fractures, laminate veneers and core build-up.
- Offers fluoride release and recharge similar to glass-ionomers with a unique anti-plaque effect specially useful when treating high caries risk patients.
- Assures predictable aesthetics, excellent shade stability, improved polishability and outstanding surface luster due to the nano-hybrid filler distribution in the material.
- Remarkable wear resistance, radiopacity 3 times that of natural dentin for accurate diagnosis, fluorescence similar to natural teeth and biocompatible.
- Optimal physical properties to ensure durable and long lasting restorations under tough intraoral conditions.
- Enhanced handling with ideal thixotropic nature and easy to use ONE TOUCH CAP syringe system
A1, A2, A2O, A3.5, A3O, A4, B1, Bleach White, C2, C3
Beautifil II is an universal nano-hybrid composite incorporating S-PRG (surface pre-reacted glass ionomer) technology that contains a stable phase of glass-ionomer for aesthetic and long-lasting restorations that release and recharge fluoride.
Beautifil II responds to the concentration of fluoride in the mouth while maintaining the strength and stability of a composite resin
A fluoride releasing, highly aesthetic dental material for all classes of restorationsA fluoride releasing, highly aesthetic dental material for all classes of restorations
A versatile fluoride-releasing, nanohybrid direct aesthetic restorative material that contains the modified S-PRG fillers designed for a variety of anterior and posterior restorations
Surface Pre-Reacted Glass (S-PRG) ionomer cements are used as fillers in GIOMER and are obtained by reacting acid-reactive fluoride-containing glass with polyacids in the presence of water.
These S-PRG fillers release fluoride and recharge.
The fluoride in GIOMER is responsible for:
- Reducing tooth mineral solubility
- Decreasing the acid production of cariogenic bacteria.
- Direct cosmetic tooth modifications
- Restoration of Class I-V cavities n Restoration of cervical erosion and root caries
- Repair of fractured incisal edges
- Laminate veneers and core build-ups
- Universal shades: A1, A2, A3, A3.5
- Opacious Dentin shades: A2O, A3O
- Enamel shade: Inc and Bleach White shade: BW
|Flexural Strength:||130 Mpa|
|Vickers Hardness:||62 Hv|
|Wear Resistance:||0.52 wt%|
|Filler Load:||83.3 wt%|
|Depth of Cure:||5.9 mm|
|Radiopacity:||3.4 Al : mm|
|Fluoride Release & Recharge:||Yes|
A) Beautifil II with S-PRG filler. Sporadic plaque formation
B) Conventional Composite Resin without S-PRG filler. Proliferated plaque formation
On the surface of a tooth restored using Beautifil II a “material film” layer is formed by saliva that is reported to minimize plaque adhesion and inhibit bacterial colonization
Although this “material film” layer may be removed by brushing, subsequent layers are reproduced by saliva. Therefore S-PRG filler has a function of inhibiting plaque accumulation.
In JADA, a major clinical study was published citing no secondary caries after 8 years, and 95% of luster was retained1. In a follow up clinical study (to be published), after 13 years secondary caries were only found in 2 of the 61 restorations, with a retention rate of 66%2, making it a great choice for pediatric care and high-caries risk patients. In addition to the S-PRG fillers, discrete nano fillers (10~20nm) have been included in the filler structure to obtain a filler load of 83.3 wt% for fast and easy polishing with an outstanding surface luster which retains over time.