Filtek ™ Z350 XT is a dental restorative composite designed for use in anterior and posterior restorations.The kit of restoratives are available in Dentin, Body, Enamel and Translucent shades packaged in syringes and single-dose capsules. All shades are radiopaque. A dental adhesive, part of the kit, is used to permanently bond the restoration to the tooth structure.
- Filtek ™ Z350 XT restorative dental kit has bonded nanofillers help retain its brilliant polish.
- In-vitro lab data has shown that the wear resistance of restoration.
- A clinical study consucted for a duration of 5 years has revealed that statistically there is no significant difference between Filtek ™ Z350 XT Universal Restorative and natural enamel.
- The restoration maintains a smoother surface, meaning the initial impressive gloss will last for years due to the creation of unique clusters of nanometer-sized particles.
- High polish retention and improved fluorescence for exceptional aesthetics
- Wide variety of shades for natural-looking restorations
- Colour-coded and bold-label syringes for easy selection
- Exceptional strength for usage on anterior and posterior areas
- The resin system is slightly modified from the original Filtek Z250 Universal Restorative and Filtek Supreme Universal Restorative resin.
- The resin contains bis-GMA, UDMA, TEGDMA, and bis-EMA(6) resins.
- To moderate the shrinkage, PEGDMA has been substituted for a portion of the TEGDMA resin in Filtek Supreme XT restorative.
- The fillers are a combination of non agglomerated/non-aggregated 20 nm silica filler, non- agglomerated/non-aggregated 4 to 11 nm zirconia filler, and aggregated zirconia/ silica cluster filler (comprised of 20 nm silica and4 to 11 nm zirconia particles).
- A visible light-activated composite
- The restorative is available in a wide variety of Dentin, Body, Enamel and Translucent shades.
- Can be used for direct anterior and posterior restorations (including occlusal surfaces)
- Low-viscosity, radio-opaque flowable nanocomposite
- Filtek ™ Z350 XT Flowable uses the same unique nanotechnology as Filtek ™ Z350 XT Universal dental restorative products which provides excellent aesthetics, unsurpassed polish retention and low wear
The Dentin, Enamel and Body (DEB) shades have an average cluster particle size of 0.6 to 10 microns. The Translucent (T) shades have an average cluster particle size of 0.6 to 20 microns.
Difference between various types of composites
||0.01 to 0.1 µm (agglomerated)
||1- 0.1- to 2-µm glass
2- 40-nm silica
|1- 0.1- to 2-µm glass or resin micro particles
2- ≤100-nm nanoparticles
||· Sub gingival lesions
· Smooth surfaces
· Anterior aesthetic
|w.r.t (1) Moderate-stress areas requiring optimal polishability (Classes III, IV)
||Wrt (1) Moderate-stress areas requiring optimal Polishability
w.r.t (2) (Classes III, IV)
||· Simulates actual enamel surface
· Highest aesthetic level
· Better wear properties than any other
· High luster and hold their polish over time
· Stain and plaque resistant
· Highest reflective and refractive indices hence more realistic translucency
|· Simulate the dentin of natural tooth structure.
· Higher strength can be used as substructure under microfills enamel layer.
· Most Opaque of the 3 composite types, also great for masking out unwanted color and achieving extreme color changes.
|· exhibit higher polishability
· better surface smoothness
· lifelike opacious translucency
||· Less strength than micro and nanohybrid
· Dec. water sorption
|· Less polishable
· More difficult to marginate, and will wear faster than microfill resins.
|· donot hold their polish long as microfills but better than microhybrids
· More susceptible to plaque and staining over time.
· Less biological compatible with gingival tissues
||· Class III & calss V
||· Anterior and posterior restorations
· Can be used to fill the bulk of the tooth
|· posterior restorations
· veneering manidbular anteriors
· building up incisal edges
· class IV restoration
· increasing cuspid rise
· when the doctor wants to use only one material