- IRM Intermediate Restorative material is designed for intermediate restorations intended to remain in place for up to one year.
- The eugenol content in the polymer-reinforced zinc oxide-eugenol composition gives the material sedative like qualities on hypersensitive tooth pulp and is a good thermal insulator as well.
- IRM may also be used as a base under cements and restorative materials that do not contain resin components, such as amalgams, and inlays and onlays.
- Among the many other applications are: emergency placement prior to complete treatment, endo access openings, pedo teeth that will soon exfoliate, and caries management programs.
- Its strength properties approach those of zinc phosphate cement.
- Other physical-related clinical advantages include: excellent abrasion resistance good sealing properties and low solubility.
- This material is available in an ivory shade via capsule or a powder liquid hand-mix delivery.