A Strontium-based Glass Ionomer:
- All GC Gold Label Glass Ionomer contains strontium glass.&The strontium glass provides good radiopacity and snapset& characteristics, unanimously preferred by clinicians around the world. Interestingly, strontium will mimic calcium& in the formation of strontium hydroxyapatite and strontium& fluoroapatite to affect internal& remineralization within the& tooth structure.
- Surface Strengthening Effect:
- Research has shown that a strontium-based glass ionomer placed in calcium-containing environment (saliva) will result in calcium ion diffusing into the glass ionomer&surface achieving a surface strengthening effect. All GC& Gold Label Glass Ionomer strengthens over time in saliva.
- A Consistent Predictable Seal:<
- All GC Gold Label Glass Ionomer will display a glossy& surface after mixing. This indicates sufficient free polyacrylic acid is available to begin the ion exchange process. The& subsequent movement of ions between dentin, enamel and& GC Glass Ionomer creates an ion exchange zone which chemically fuses them together. The resulting seal is& consistent, predictable and long lasting.
- Cementation of metal or porcelain fused to metal crowns, bridges, inlays
- Cementation of stainless steel crowns or orthodontic appliances retained with stainless steel crowns
- Cementation of orthodontic bands
- Base or liner
- Allows minimal cavity preparation
- Less stress on margins and marginal seal
- Protects against secondary caries
- Promotes internal remineralization and surface strengthening
- Easy post-operative diagnosis
- Easier mixing and sharper setting makes it so easy to use
- Final finish may be completed under water 15 minutes from start of mix
- Matches to natural tooth structure
- Good colour match to tooth structure
- More durable, longer lasting restorations
- Assurance of successful restorations